- Participation in this Competition is governed by these terms and conditions (the “Rules”).
- Participants are encouraged to review the Rules before entering into the Competition and acknowledge that they have been given an appropriate opportunity to do so and that they understand and accept these Rules.
- This competition is operated by Nestlé (South Africa) (Proprietary) Limited (“Nestlé”) in conjunction with ARC, a Division of MMS Communications South Africa (Pty) Ltd (the “Promoters”).
- Participation in the Competition constitutes acceptance of these Rules and Participants agree to abide by these Rules.
- By participating in this Competition, Participants agree to the rules set out below.
This Competition is limited to legal residents and/or legal citizens of South Africa who are parents of children between the ages of 3 to 5 years old. In addition, the following people shall not be eligible to participate in this Competition:
- Directors, members, partners, promotional and advertising agents, merchandisers, employees or consultants of the Promoters.
- People who are not legal residents and/or legal citizens of the Republic of South Africa.
- Spouse, life partner, parent, child, brother, sister, business partner or associate of any of the persons specified in 1 above.
- Persons under the age of 18 years.
The Competition shall commence on 26 March 2018 and will end on 8 April 2018. No entries received after 8 April 2018 will be considered.
- To participate in this Competition, Participants must comment on the Facebook competition post on the NIDO South Africa Facebook page by submitting an image of themselves when they were younger and an image of their child at a similar age.
- Participants in this Competition stand a chance to win the following:
- A photoshoot featuring the parent and their child (only one child will be allowed) valued at R10,000.
How to claim your prize:
- One winner will be selected by a panel consisting of the Nestlé NIDO brand team, a representative from Nestlé legal and Nestlé NIDO production partners. The winner selection will take place within 2 weeks of the competition closing date.
- At the time that a potential prize winner is identified, the potential prize winner will receive a message in their Facebook inbox requesting their cellphone number. After providing their cellphone number to the Promoters’ representative, the potential prize winner will receive a telephone call from a representative of the Promoters at which point he/she may be required to answer a few questions regarding his/her eligibility, and he/she will be requested to provide certain documents such as a copy of his/her ID and/or driver’s license to the Promoters’ representative.
- The potential prize winner will have to be a parent with a child between 3 – 5 years of age. Parents with children who have already turned 6 years old or older will not be eligible to win.
- The potential prize winner is not an actual winner until his/her submission is validated and his/her documents are completed and submitted to the Promoters. If a potential prize winner does not meet the eligibility requirements, the prize will be forfeited and a runner up finalist will be deemed the potential prize winner subject to the terms and conditions herein.
- If the Promoters are unable to reach a potential prize winner after 3 (three) attempts made within 3 (three) working days of their name being drawn, for whatsoever reason, including incorrect telephone numbers or inoperative telephone numbers, such winner will be disqualified and a runner up finalist will be deemed the potential prize winner subject to the terms and conditions herein.
- The eligible winner will be contacted by a representative of the Promoters with regards to the specific details of the photoshoot, i.e. date, place and time of the photoshoot.
- The judges’ decision is final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The Promotersmay require the winner to complete and submit an information disclosure agreement to enable the Promoters to ensure compliance with these Rules.Should the winner be found not to have complied with these Rules, he/she will automatically be disqualified and the prize will be forfeited. Winners may also be required to sign acceptance of prizes and indemnity documents.
- Participants, including the parent and child, may be required to be available for a video production and shoot that will be held in Johannesburg. Participants are entitled to decline the above request. Participants that take part in any publicity campaign (including the video production and shoot) will not be entitled to any payment or other remuneration for such publicity campaign or otherwise. All publicity and other materials will be the sole property of the Promoters.
- The prize is not transferable, and no substitution or cash redemption of prizes is permitted. The prize will not be handed/awarded to a third party, but only to the verified prize winner.
- The Promoters reserve the right, at their sole discretion, to substitute the prize with any other prize of comparable or greater commercial value for whatever reason.
- The winner may be required to take part in a publicity campaign called the Face-to-Face social experiment for broadcast in which images and a video featuring themselves and their child will be produced and published on the Nestlé Digital Platforms. The winner is entitled to decline the above request. The winner will not be entitled to any payment or other remuneration for participation in the aforesaid publicity campaign. All publicity and other materials will be the sole property of the Promoters.
- Nothing in these Rules is intended to, or must be understood to, unlawfully restrict, limit or avoid any rights or obligations, as the case may be, created for either the Participant or the Promoters in terms of the Consumer Protection Act, 68 of 2008 (“CPA“).
- All Participants participate entirely at their own risk. By reading and accepting these Rules, the Participants give consent to these risks and hereby indemnifies and holds harmless the Promoters, their directors, employees and agents of any and all liability pertaining to any damage, cost, injuries and losses of whatever nature sustained as a result of their participation in the Competition and related events and activities, save where such damage, cost, injuries and losses are sustained as a result of the gross negligence or wilful misconduct of any of the Promoters.
- The Promoters, their directors, employees, agents and distributors accept no responsibility and they will not, in any circumstances, be liable to compensate the Participants or the winner, or accept any liability for: (a) any inability by the winner to use the prize in part or at all; (b) the lack of quality or any other aspect of any service which is or should be provided at any venue(s) in relation to the prize; or (c) any personal loss or injury occurring at any venue(s) arising, directly or indirectly, out of the use of the prize.
- The Promoters, their directors, employees, agents and distributors, are not responsible for any misrepresentation (whether written or verbal) in respect of any prize nor in respect of any warranties or undertakings given by any person other than the Promoters themselves.
- The Promoters reserve the right to terminate or extend the Competition at any time. In the event of such termination or extension, all Participants agree to waive (give up) any rights that they may have in terms of the Competition and acknowledge that they will have no recourse against the Promoters, their advertising agencies, advisors, suppliers and nominated agents.
- By entering the Competition, Participants acknowledge that the Competition will be managed in accordance with the provisions of the CPA. Participants undertake to expeditiously do all things necessary to enable the Promoters to comply with their obligations under the CPA including, but not limited to providing such personal information as may be required in order to facilitate handing over the prize to the Participant. Should any Participant refuse or be unable to comply with this requirement, the Participant shall be deemed to have forfeited the prize.
- Notwithstanding anything to the contrary contained in these Rules, the Promoters reserve the right to amend, modify, change, postpone suspend or cancel this Competition, the Rules and any prize (which has not yet been allocated), or any aspect thereof, without notice at any time, for any reason which the Promoters deem necessary. At the end of the Competition for whatsoever reason, all of the Promoters’ obligations in regard to the Competition as well as in regard to the prizes shall cease to exist.
- These Rules shall be governed by and interpreted according to the laws of the Republic of South Africa and any Participant and Nestlé consent to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the High Court of South Africa.
- For further information or enquiries please email our consumer services at email@example.com or call us on 086 0096 116. Calls to this number will be charged by your cellular network service provider.
- This Competition is in no way organized, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. You understand that you are providing your information to the Promoters and not to Facebook.
- Any questions, comments or complaints regarding the Competition can be directed to the NIDO 3+ Facebook page inbox or to firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 086 0096 116.
- Organiser reserves the right to change any of these terms and conditions at any time, without any notice being given to those participating.